Saturday, December 21, 2013

Good-Bye Energizer Bunny

Christmas is just around the corner and I must admit I have been trying to play the Energizer Bunny. Since Thanksgiving I have photographed four sessions and a wedding, I've hosted two weekends of company, celebrated my daughter's 7th birthday, attended 3 Christmas programs for my children and countless Christmas parties.  I have sent out 160+ Christmas cards and wrapped a few dozen presents.  It has been a full season to say the least, but in the midst of it all I have taken time to bake with my kiddos, laugh with my friends and sit by a beautiful Christmas tree with my favorite hot tea.

I know I am not the only Energizer Bunny out there and learning to slow down and enjoy the season of Christmas really does make all the difference in keeping one's sanity during an insanely busy time.  I am a sucker for traditions especially during Christmas.  Some of my family's traditions include:

1.  Going into the snowy forest to find the perfect Christmas tree, which also includes sledding, a nice warm fire, hot chocolate and making smores.
2.  Putting up our Christmas decorations while listening to Ann Murray's Christmas album.
3.  Wrapping presents to the movie "White Christmas".
4.  Having countless movie and popcorn nights with the kiddos. These movies include Rudolph, It's Christmas Charlie Brown, and Frosty the Snowman.
5.  Reading the Christmas story from the Bible in the book of Luke.

All of these traditions calm me and help me put things into perspective when I lose sight of what is really important.  I hope that this Christmas season you will slow down and be reminded of what matters most and hold those that you love a little bit closer.  Say good-bye to the Energizer Bunny and take a moment to relax!  You won't regret it and you will treasure the memories you make in the process!


Here are a few of my favorite shots taken from this month's sessions.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment