Tuesday, June 17, 2014

25th Wedding Anniversary {Choosing To Love}

My oldest sister and her husband celebrate their 25 wedding anniversary today. This past Saturday they had a renewal ceremony.  It was a beautiful tribute of their love and commitment to one another.  Celebrating and bringing honor to marriage is a beautiful thing especially in a culture where we often times choose love when it is only convenient, feels good or we have something to gain.  I was honored to be a part of my sister and her husband's renewal ceremony because I am so proud of them for sticking it out in seasons that have been challenging and less than glamorous!  It has often been said and I couldn't agree more that love is CHOICE not a feeling.  The real test of love is choosing to love that person even when you don't feel like it.  To love them when you are upset or they have let you down.  To love when the honeymoon phase is gone and the stresses and realities of life are the new normal.  To love when you are disappointed.  To love when you feel like you have nothing left to give.  When we make a choice to love, love always wins.

During this beautiful ceremony I witnessed vows being spoken and commitments renewed.  I watched as their three children participated and encouraged their parents commitment to one another. The ceremony ended with my brother-in-law surprising my sister with a song, "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You."  What girl doesn't love being sung to by the man she loves!? Today I celebrate with them as they remember the promises they made before God, one another, family and friends 25 years ago.  Congratulations on 25 years of marriage and may there be many more years to come that are filled with laughter, joy and most of all love!





















Be sure and like Jacqueline Photography on facebook

You can also follow Jacqueline Photography on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment